Visiting the reading room and doing your own research is free. We are also able to assist you free of charge by mail, email, or telephone when providing you with information from our catalogs and finding aids (“is there material on such and such topic?”) or when your question can be answered in less than ten minutes.
However, if you need more substantial research to be done and you are unable to visit in person, research requests may be performed by the Archives’ staff, billed according to the following rates:
- Standard research fee for the first hour • $50.00
- Every next 30 minutes • $25.00
- Expedited service • additional $20.00/hour
- Certifications of documents (per document) • $10.00
- Transcriptions • $25.00 + $0.12 per word.
- Translations • $25.00 + $0.12 per word (in the English translation).
- Setup fee • $10.00
- Setup fee for expedited orders • $20.00
- Photocopy (from originals after 1900 if not bound) • $0.50
- Photocopy (non-archival material) • $0.20
- Print from microfilm reader/printer • $0.30
- Scan (without prints) • $2.50
- Digital photographs from originals • $0.50
- For burning a cd-rom • $15.00
- For electronic transmittal of files • $7.50
- Simple non-glossy color prints (letter size) • $2.50
- Prices for other reproduction services (for example, museum-quality prints) on request
- Reproduction fee for publishing images from the holdings of the Moravian Archives (per image) • $25.00
- Loaning objects for exhibitions (per object) • $50.00
A late fee of $10.00 will be charged after 30 days, $20.00 after 60 days and $50.00 after 90 days.
As approved by the Board of Directors, Bethlehem, April 25, 2005; amended Aug. 7, 2006; amended Sept. 12, 2011; amended Sept. 12, 2016