Welcome to our Online Transcription Project!
You are encouraged to contribute transcriptions and markup language to digital reproductions of original manuscripts housed at the Moravian Archives in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (MAB).
In order to participate, you need an account with JuxtaEditions and an invitation code from the Moravian Archives. Contact Tom McCullough at the Moravian Archives (email@example.com) to get your invitation code.
When transcribing records, you should make a good faith effort to accurately represent the information contained in the record. If a document or record is not legible in some parts, please indicate with “[illegible].” Contributions by MAB staff will be identified on the catalog by displaying their first and last name followed by “(MAB Staff)” — e.g. John Smith (MAB Staff). – If you have any questions or experience issues while contributing tags or transcriptions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware of the following policies while providing contributions:
- The MAB will remove contributions that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language; personal attacks of any kind; or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- The MAB will remove contributions that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- The MAB will remove contributions with personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses, and telephone numbers. However, if a document contains archival or historical personally identifiable information, it may be transcribed.
- Contributions provided in no way constitute a legal or official notice to the MAB or any official or employee of the Moravian Church for any purpose.
- Contributions on this website may be accessioned upon completion. – The content of all contributions are visible to the public, thus submissions should not contain anything you do not wish to broadcast to the general public.
- The MAB does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right not to post content that does not adhere to these standards.
- By contributing transcriptions to the open source platform, you accept that other users may edit, alter, or remove your contribution.
- By transcribing a document, you agree that you will not assert or retain any intellectual property rights, including copyright of the transcription.
- If you think any of the user contributed information on the online catalog is subject to a valid copyright claim, please contact us at email@example.com.