The Moravian Archives is open Monday through Friday, supplying much-needed services to students, historians, genealogists, writers, musicians, artists, ministers, individuals seeking legal proof of baptism, and many others.
Our annual giving program, known as the Friends of the Moravian Archives, provides us with critical support for our day-to-day operating expenses so that we can invest in our collections and continue to make our inspiring history available. During 2016, our annual Friends’ campaign provided 20 percent of our operating budget.
Why support the Moravian Archives?
Your donation enables us
- To continue the preservation of the records kept at the Moravian Archives
- To host lectures, exhibits, tours, workshops, and classes relating to Moravian history
- To provide research assistance to anyone interested in our collections
- To purchase books, manuscripts and other items for our collections
Your donation is an investment in history. Thanks to your support we are the primary resource center for Moravian history in North America.
Everyone is invited to become a Friend of the Moravian Archives by making a contribution to the annual giving program.
Contributors are identified as follows:
- Protector — $ 5,000 or more
- Sustainer — $2,500 to $4,999
- Benefactor — $1,000 to $2,499
- Patron — $500 to $999
- Sponsor — $250 to $499
- Fellow — $100 to $249
- Associate — $50 to $99
- Contributor — up to $49
All contributions are tax deductible. Please remember that all gifts are credited to the calendar year in which they are contributed. In compliance with IRS regulations, any check dated or envelope postmarked after December 31 must be credited to the next year’s campaign.